[extropy-chat] Transhumanists' Needs

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 06:00:02 UTC 2005

But a long and healthy life is a product - service.
The need is what has to be in place to enable offering a long and healthy life.
So I think the basic needs are:
- Strong basic and applied science. Of course this includes the
necessary funding, be it from the public or private sector, or (more
realistically) a combination of the two.
- A cultural environment open to the future and to experimentation,
the development/deployment of transhumanist technologies.
- A suitable political environment with a pro-humen-enhancement (or at
least not hostile) regulatory framework.
G.