[extropy-chat] Transhumanists' Needs

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 02:32:38 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Just a thought, did Maslow, a humanist, if I recall correctly, with
> his hierarchy of needs, miss something crucial for transhumanists?
>
> Do transhumanists have different essential needs from other humans
> or humanists?  It is not clear to me that they do.

Pretty much every transhumanist who has been personality typed that I
know about are of the XNTX subset, which I believe is less than 8% of
the population. I think this would be a place to start in refining
Maslows work to focus on transhumanist needs.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com