[extropy-chat] Extropy, Political Viewpoint and the Futureof ExI'sList

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 11 14:41:05 UTC 2005

From: Dirk Bruere

>The fact that is that it is both a philosophical *and* political ideology.
>As I wrote on the Consensus site, Transhumanism will be the major political
>issue of this century. Any org that wishes to encompass this aim cannot
>escape being political. Transhumanism is about both technology and
politics.

I cannot settle for less than what extropy could represent if it were truly
a futurist political means for dealing with the future of transhumanism.
Currently, there are no hard and clear tools. There could be, but they have
not been developed. To realize this goal  - creating a future-oriented
political viewpoint for extropy - would require a team of people
(multidisciplinary would be preferred) who have experience and knowledge
about society, how it works, the nature of transhumanism - what its
stakeholders need, and what is possible and preferable. To realize a truly
extropic political agenda, or a political agenda that is Extropy - there
would have to be some clear-headed, sophisticated, relevant and meaningful
models that expressly emphasize and illustrate a political agenda for
transhumanism.

Until this is realized, if it is going to be realized, extropy, in my view,
is more of a philosophical viewpoint - outlook - than a political agenda.

Having a civil and constructive brain-trust of thought on this would be far
more beneficial in realizing the future of Extropy.

Natasha