[extropy-chat] A view of what politics is.

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 15 02:01:43 UTC 2005

Jeff Allbright wrote:

    I suggested that we think of politics as "social decision-making applied to groups, expecially with respect to methods of influence within those processes."

    I'm getting stuck with phrase "social decision-making".
    I'm wondering if it is an oxymoron.

  Ah, perhaps this is the crux of the matter.

That I'm getting stuck, that I'm wondering, or that social decison-making is an oxymoron?

I might have cut out more than you wanted me in this reply but I prefer to focus on the crux of the matter.

Brett Paatsch