[extropy-chat] Perfect recall.

Julian Assange xyz at iq.org
Sat Oct 22 00:59:11 UTC 2005

> Not portable storage costs, though. You'll have to sync periodically.

Yes.

> What is your understanding of lightweight? You just specified a whopping
> 24 hours of untethered operation, and enough performance to store
> compressed
> picture (but at just one frame/minute? and which resolution?).
>
> FWIW, I don't think you can comfortably carry around more than 8-12 h
> worth of notebook-grade performance (with head-up display; considerably
> less with notebook display on -- keyword is clamshell mode).

There is no need for a display. The device is intended for acquisition
only. I was thinking along the lines of a low power PDA + usb. I hadn't
considered GPS, but that's an interesting addition if it can be made low
power.

It would be nice if the camera was fairly descrete. Perhaps a hat is
enough concealment.

Such a device would permit an unparalled degree of self-objectivity.