[extropy-chat] news in perspective

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Sep 1 06:31:16 UTC 2005

spike:
>ps The news on in the background as I write.  Damn that
>flood in New Orleans is bad.  {8-[

Yes, it is bad.

And so is the ~1000 people in Baghdad who died on a pilgrimage
during the time of New Orleans' terrible misfortune. (was that
reported?)

And so is 200,000 people who died in the tsunami.

Death is bad. And I wish the American media would learn to put
news in perspective. Even Boing-boing has gone over the top (I
don't remember them reporting this much after the tsunami for
example).

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/