[extropy-chat] Halliburton gets Katrina Contract

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 13:35:46 UTC 2005

--- "J. Andrew Rogers" <andrew at ceruleansystems.com>
wrote:

> I really don't give a crap if Halliburton gets
> another contract, nor do I
> think they are a particularly excellent company.  I
> just think it is
> ludicrous that everyone questions the selection of
> Halliburton for contracts
> when there are no other viable competitors in the
> field more often than not.
> Don't whine about it, offer a genuinely viable
> alternative.  If you think
> you can do better, there is a mountain of gold in
> them thar hills to be had.
> Armchair quarterbacking and all that.

Well I consider myself less like an armchair
quarterback and more like a fan that bought a ticket
to see a football game played and instead had
Halliburton win because the other team forfeited by
not showing up. But if I were to pick up your gauntlet
and take the field myself, I think I would have to try
to take on Lockheed-Martin because jet fighters are so
much cooler than plumbing and electrical. ;)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson