[extropy-chat] Extropy and libertarianism

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Mon Sep 12 03:15:21 UTC 2005

From: "Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>

> His smear of Rand is similarly ignorant. She was hardly a fascist, clearly
> anti-fascist (fascism of all stripes, including left and right), but that
> he labels it such is indicative of his bias.

Ayn Rand was not known in her little enclave of objectivists to support
ANYONE who had even a teensy differing viewpoint.  And outright opposition
to the objectivist manifesto earned one excommunication from her esteemed
group faster than you can say "parasite."

Aside from "state control" (as opposed to Ayn control) and to some degree
"extreme pride in country and race" (as opposed to extreme pride in Ayn and
Ayn), here is the first Google link I got for for "fascist" (... and it has
Ayn Rand written all over its face):

noun {U} a political system based on a very powerful leader, state control
and extreme pride in country and race, and in which political opposition is
not allowed
fascist adjective (ALSO fascistic)

- fascist groups

- a fascist dictator/regime

fascist

noun {C}

1 someone who supports fascism

2 a person of the far right in politics

3 DISAPPROVING

someone who does not allow any opposition