[extropy-chat] Extropy and libertarianism

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Sep 12 10:12:42 UTC 2005

On Sep 11, 2005, at 8:15 PM, Olga Bourlin wrote:

> From: "Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>
>

>> His smear of Rand is similarly ignorant. She was hardly a fascist,
>> clearly anti-fascist (fascism of all stripes, including left and
>> right), but that he labels it such is indicative of his bias.
>>

> Ayn Rand was not known in her little enclave of objectivists to
> support ANYONE who had even a teensy differing viewpoint.  And
> outright opposition to the objectivist manifesto earned one
> excommunication from her esteemed group faster than you can say
> "parasite."

As the group was all about objectivism that is hardly something to
condemn her for.   Removing people from a group who are opposed to
the very goals of the group is hardly a sin.

> Aside from "state control" (as opposed to Ayn control) and to some
> degree "extreme pride in country and race" (as opposed to extreme
> pride in Ayn and Ayn), here is the first Google link I got for for
> "fascist" (... and it has Ayn Rand written all over its face):

> noun {U} a political system based on a very powerful leader, state
> control and extreme pride in country and race, and in which
> political opposition is not allowed
> fascist adjective (ALSO fascistic)

This is MUCH worse than ignorant.  This is malicious slander.  I
deeply admire many things about you but your rabid anti-Ayn
diatriibes are certainly not one of them.

- samantha