[extropy-chat] Extropy and libertarianism

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Sep 12 12:19:11 UTC 2005

At 05:11 PM 9/11/2005, Damien wrote:
>At 08:31 AM 9/10/2005 -0500, Natasha Vita-More wrote:
>>Dirk,
>>
>>I think it would be best if you respected the communications already sent
>>to this list and published elsewhere regarding Extropy Institute.
>
>Coming in late on this, I find myself baffled by what Natasha meant. Is
>that sentence to be read as:
>
>A) I think it would be best if you respected (the communications already
>sent to this list and published elsewhere regarding Extropy Institute).
>
>Or
>
>B) I think it would be best if you (respected the communications already
>sent to this list) and published elsewhere regarding Extropy Institute.
>
>The second reading -- which is how I read it originally -- suggests that
>he should go elsewhere with his opinions. Perhaps this was not intended?

No you are incorrect.  The first is the proper reading.  I think that if
Dirk should reread what Max has written on the topic, and the links Max
provided in one of his posts about the topic in an interview he did this year.

Best,
Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist, Designer
Studies of the Future, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Alvin Toffler
Random acts of kindness... Anne Herbet