[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 22:54:26 UTC 2005

--- "kevinfreels.com" <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

> That's really an interesting thingy you found. I'd
> like to see some
> population figures for the colored areas.
> Do you have any idea what the yield is of the bomb
> that terrorists would
> most likely attempt to bring over the Mexican
> border?

Well if we are talking about the "misplaced" Russian
nuclear warheads, they would be in the 10 megaton
range. The Russians didn't have very accurate missile
technology as the ball bearings in their gyroscopes
weren't as perfectly round as ours are, so they
resorted to super high yields such that a near miss
would still do the job.

> This is exactly why we need to be shooting people as
> they enter the country
> illegally. I know it doesn;t seem very extropian,
> but if people were being
> shot, I doubt as many would be trying to cross.
> There's legal ways into this
> country.

This is excessive since the vast majority would just
be Mexicans hoping to live the American dream. I would
be alright with them being being confronted and turned
away by armed men at the border. But shooting to kill
on sight is way out of line. Shooting them with
tranquilizer darts, like they use to tag wild animals
with radio beacons, and then searching and
confiscating any weapons (WMD or otherwise) and
releasing them back into their own country seems much
more humane to me. Since terrorists are much more
likely to be armed then typical immigrants, if they
return fire, lock and load the real deal.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson