[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon Sep 19 23:13:52 UTC 2005

Kevin Freels
>Those who attempt to come in through the cracks are a threat to
>national security and should be dealt with as such.

Are you serious?

I'm one of those illegal immigrants, and I have two jobs
(astrophysics research/space missions at a national Italian
astrophysics observatory and teaching astronomy at a private
American university in Rome). For job experience, I have 20 years
experience in my field and for my educational training, I have a
physics PhD. I'm illegal because the permit-of-stay policies of
immigration law in Italy caused the whole system to collapse. So
then in your pondering of immigration laws, put this in the mix and
ponder it too. I suggest for your primary data collection to talk to
the immigrants themselves. And then answer this: at what point are a
government's policies so stupid that it shoots itself in the foot?

Amara
--

Amara Graps, PhD
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it