[extropy-chat] Odeo: best podcasting application

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:02:51 UTC 2005

On 9/26/05, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26/09/05, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/26/05, Emlyn wrote:
> > >
> > > Podcasts are ridiculously easy to create, as long as you have
> > > somewhere to put your mp3s. Here's a twenty minute or so method for
> > > creating a free podcast:

The same procedure will work for making video enclosures, or "vlogs."
You can find a set of instructions at freevlog.org. I sincerely wish a
less-ugly neologism for video web logs existed. V-L-O-G lacks all
euphony.

> > Actually, Feedburner will insert ads in your RSS or podcast *if you
> > ask them to*. They are selling ad space as targeted at very selective
> > audiences.  You may have noticed the ads already in the RSS stream for
> > Scientific American, for example.
> >
> > What we are waiting for now is an RSS reader that will remove ads,
> > like we have browsers that remove ads from websites.

[snip]

If you use the Firefox browser's Greasemonkey extension, you might be
able to write a script to do this. The extension allows user scripts
to change the client-side rendering of a web page. For example, I use
a script that alters Google search results to show an URL's
del.icio.us tags and whether or not it has a feed.

--
Jay Dugger
http://www.redcross.org