[extropy-chat] codes in scam letters

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Tue Sep 27 15:39:17 UTC 2005

True, but then if a person became a suspect, then all data leaving the
suspect would be analyzed - encrypted or not. The best way to not become a
suspect is to appear normal. Then once you are a suspect, it is still better
to appear normal. You have the same problems with email as with the rest. If
I became a suspect, someone would have to sort through a hundred or so
messages a day that I send or receive and each of the senders and
recipients. And of course, the people each of them communicates with as
well. Of course, we're speaking of the same things here. A newsgroup, blog,
or forum would be just as good as regular email. I was referring only to
spam as a vehicle. It has the same benefits as the email, newsgroups, blogs,
forums, etc, but doesn;t have the ISP spam filtering problem or t he
possibility that the a real spam message may be taken for a coded message
since the sender is often hidden from the average user.

I am assuming that any operatives that were planning to die would most
likely be average users of computer and internet technology. This doesn;t
have to be the case, but my thinking is that these kinds of people would be
too valuable to that type of organization to have them out blowing
themselves up. If I am wrong in this assumption then that part of my
argument becomes wrong, but still leaves the rest intact.