[extropy-chat] Blog spam

M.B. Baumeister mbb386 at main.nc.us
Thu Sep 29 11:04:39 UTC 2005

> The ones I thought of will be easy for yanks, altho
> some may be difficult for children (defined as those
> younger than ~40.)  Europeans, did you get any of
> these, even with Google?  Yanks over 40, did you
> miss any, even without Google?
>

> 1.  Who often said "...heah's ya beah, Ahhchie..." _ _ _ _ _
>
> 2.  "I would like to see him win this match, but I
> fear Clay is the better man."  Who is Clay today?
>
> 3.  "Linda Minda fo Finda, b _ _ _ _ _   f _ _ _ _ ...
>
> 4.  The one below KY and above GA.
>
> 5.  The Miami _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s.
>
> 6.  The U.S. has had exactly a hundred of these since 59.
>
> 7.  I had a crush on MaryAnn, but my friend thought
> _ _ _ _ _ _ was better.
>
> 8.  RayyyyyNeeeeeeer _ _ _ _.
>
> 9.  Little old lady shouting into phone:
> Where's  _ _ _  _ _ _ _?
>
> 10.  State shaped kinda like a fat L.

Yikes, Spike! I do not have ready answers for 1,3,6,7,8... That's what
happens when you grow up without TV I guess. Or listening to AM radio. I
know what 1 refers to but would have to Google for the answer. And IMHO 5
is always subject to change, the way things are traded around these days.
;)

Unfortunately spelling errors would be fatal. And spelling is a weak spot
for me.

This is just about embarrassing. My pop-culture knowledge is lacking.
Well, maybe it's worse than that... maybe my knowledge is lacking! :)))

Regards,
MB