[extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 00:58:43 UTC 2006

Naturally there is a grain of truth to what you are writing. However you call yourself libertarian? I can't understand with your moral outlook why you would want to be libertarian or extropian. Don't you know what sort of dislocation radicalism entails? Do you think we can have enormous change on our own terms? Frankly, I'm like you but at least I know it, know that the future wont be the designer future of my ittle wittle bittle dreams.
  It's like the rednecks I listen to all day here who make it clear without saying so they want change-- but they want the anguish of wrenching change to be felt by others and not themselves. Pertinent to what we are discussing here, they do in fact want maximum pleasure & liberty-- but only on their terms. What do they want? tantamount to a VR world for each and every family?

Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

You are creating humanlike beings who are not really human and doing
so explicitly for a purpose that most humans would find offensive and
you are doing so with children which humans are hardwired to protect.
You have perverted the human genome to produce mere child sex dolls.
Do you have some problem seeing why that would be wrong? Really?

- samantha