[extropy-chat] Your children are safe with us...

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:53:57 UTC 2006

On 4/6/06, "Hal Finney" <hal at finney.org> wrote:

> > (2)  Notwithstanding ss. 847.012 and 847.0133, any person in this
> > state who knew or believed that he or she was transmitting an image,
> > information, or data that is harmful to minors, as defined in s. 847.001
> ,
> > to a specific individual known by the defendant to be a minor in this
> > state commits a felony of the third degree, ...

Hal, can you pull s. 847.001?  I wonder what is "defined" as "harmful" and
whether it could be applied to spreading beliefs which have no basis in fact
or cannot be proven as true (e.g. most religious beliefs).  Or perhaps we
have such a screwed up system that showing a minor ones willie is harmful
but filling their brain with caca is not.

Thanks,
Robert