[extropy-chat] "Dead Time" of the Brain.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun Apr 30 15:34:32 UTC 2006

"Heartland" <velvet977 at hotmail.com>

Me:
>>It's [reincarnation] possible under certain conditions.

You:
> Such as...?

Such as? SUCH AS! Good God man, for the last 5 posts to you and for about
500 posts to this list for the last decade I have explained, if I don't mind
saying so, clearly and exactly what those conditions are. If you have found
a logical error in them then do me a great great favor and point it out,
but after all this time don't say "such as?". It's as if you were explaining
something to someone for an hour and his only response was "what?".

> How many *instances* (not types) of "1" are there in "1+1"?
> Just give me a  number.

It is difficult to answer because your question is not entirely clear. I
assume you mean how many instances of the idea or subjective experience of
adding one to one are there if two identical brains do it. If you mean
something else then I'm not going to waste valuable brain cells thinking
about it because subjective experiences are the only thing I care about.
That said the number you asked for is 1.

> Remember that we're talking about brains without a single
> communication  channel between them

If 2 brains are identical there would be no need for a communication channel
between them to keep them synchronized, at least as long as you didn't wait
so long that random quantum fluxations and chaos caused them to diverge.

  John K Clark