[extropy-chat] Forbes Magazine on Robotics

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Sun Aug 20 20:21:59 UTC 2006

On Aug 20, 2006, at 15:08, Keith Henson wrote:

> You are probably right.  But without a massive start in the next
> ten years
> a substantial fraction of the current population is likely to die
> in the
> next 20 years from starvation or wars from the effects of a looming
> bleak
> future.

I think that the market here seems to be setting the right mix of
short, medium, and long range investment strategies for solving this
problem. Whether it will be 'in time' is an open question, but I
think that the we'll avoid the kind of doomsday scenario you're
talking about - not that this means that things won't suck big time. :)

--
Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein