[extropy-chat] META: mailing list problems was [Re: Bainbridg today...]

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 01:57:59 UTC 2006

Ok, this problem was apparently mine (and/or Gmail's) and not the
ExiCh mail server.
(byegones)

Keith's messages were getting flagged by gmail as SPAM and ended up in
my SPAM box even though they were marked by my filters as being from
the ExiCh list.  (Apparently they will *not* show up in your inbox
*or* the subject thread (within a labeled 'folder') even if they have
labels attached by filters if they are flagged as spam.  You have to
explicitly de-spamify the messages to get them filed correctly (learn
something every day I guess).

I don't know whether gmail identifies only mail in my inbox from Keith
as SPAM or whether it is a general aspect of all gmail SPAM filtering
(if so, Keith ought to complain to Google). [1]

Robert

1. Something we can all hope to aspire to... when all erudite
extropian and transhumanist authors have their messages labeled as
SPAM.  :-?