[extropy-chat] Plz help!

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Fri Aug 25 21:01:13 UTC 2006

Hello Rob, I am indeed talking about Premier and yes GoBack did install immediately with the program. The were no options for which parts may or may not be installed (you can see these afterwards but not before the install). I burned the iso image to a CD from the site link I provided, and booted from it. This was a removal tool that relieved the problem. Once I returned to Windows I had to go into Norton and remove GoBack from the options, which is permanent. To address your point number 2, while they are not the same, the incompatibility is due to the false partition generated by GoBack and my having a 5 raidcore processor (terabyte), I also have two separate processors on my system. GoBack will not work with a raidcore. They did confirm this with me on the phone. I don't want it to anyway so I'm glad to have it gone and have everything working normally.

My work station is not for browsing (the web or sending emails) like this the machine I am using to right now, I only use it to create art and animation. It is a BOXX workstation (which must run on Windows professional) http://www.boxxtech.com/applications/animation_systems.asp which is a professional animation system that allows me to work in a way that an average PC would absolutely choke on (and has in the past). You have probably watched a lot of movies that have used BOXX to generate special effects, broadcast work, make animations and compile movies. The reason why I wanted Norton on my workstation is for the recovery feature, when you are working with files in the number of thousands at one time (all the many frames of animation) it becomes much easier to lose one. If that happens, Norton will allow me to look a level past things that have already been emptied from the recycle bin and recover it. This can be a lifesaver and save an entire project. My programs do not run on anything other than windows, and I really am in love with my programs. I attended animation school to become certified in 3D Studio Max (which I did - and Combustion too), so it is a serious commitment.  While I understand your point, and perhaps under different conditions I would consider them and perhaps many should, but I am just not set up that way - I would probably have a physical reaction like get purple spots all over my body and melt into the floor if I could not create art and animation using my programs and my beloved BOXX.......... Gina

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com/index2.html
Animation Blog: http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/
Craft blog: http://nanogirlblog.blogspot.com/
Foresight Participating Member http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
3D/Animation http://www.nanogirl.com/museumfuture/index.htm
Microscope Jewelry http://www.nanogirl.com/crafts/microjewelry.htm
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."