[extropy-chat] for Amara - a cartoon referencing Pluto

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue Dec 5 17:09:14 UTC 2006

MB:
>I've enjoyed this strip for some years now - it's pleasant and friendly,
>characteristics sorely lacking some days in Real Life!
>
>The Pluto cartoon is for Sunday, 3 December
>
>http://www.kevinandkell.com/

Thanks, MB. Now I have a 'Pluto' for you:
http://www.amara.com/gracieextremeclose-up.jpg

This is a picture of my sister's dog from the perspective of her 5 year
old son. She encourages him to walk around their house with a cheap
digital camera, taking pictures.  I've been urging her for a while to
collect all of his pictures, as they are a unique record of his life,
and they are also an engaging view of the universe from a height of 1
meter and from the mind of someone who doesn't easily accept the words:
'no', you cannot. :-)

To aid Anders' previous words about lending encouragement and support
for the tolerance of differences, I suggest to all of those (and us) who
are 'different', to: document, document, document... These five year
olds have a lot to say and to contribute to the richness of the world we
adults live  in, don't you think? So do every other 'different' being.

Since our media is almost instantaneous, I suggest to use it in order to
show diversity in all its glory.  Resist homogenization.... !

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI), Roma, ITALIA