[extropy-chat] Rational Irrationality (2)

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri Dec 8 14:08:32 UTC 2006

Keith writes

> Lee wrote:
>
>>First, why didn't you demur when a number of us agreed that suicide
>>bombing is not necessarily irrational.
>
> I did, the post on rational depending on viewpoint.

Alrighty, then, :-)   we can have a juicy disagreement. (Entirely terminological,
but in some cases, e.g. abortion's being "murder" it is important)   You know
that at least about six of us here maintain that a suicide bomber ought not to
necessarily be considered irrational, and for various reasons.

But your side is hardly underequipped or represented.  You can deploy
the brain MRI studies, and you too have a fan-base here that considers
even very carefully thought-out and deliberate acts as being possibly
irrational.

> I don't know if the post got through, the (N) on my postings is how
> many times I had to submit.  I might not always get them through the
> badly configured mailing list software.

And after a few hundred posts, it could happen that I've forgotten one
or two.  More later in better organized threads with better subject lines.

Lee