[extropy-chat] Words cause effects

Thomas thomas at thomasoliver.net
Sun Dec 10 19:15:06 UTC 2006

On Dec 1, 2006, at 7:27 PM, Al Brooks wrote:

> Tom, men and alpha dogs are one and the same; in fact
> a man by definition is a hog, with few exceptions.
> Maybe in the UK it's a little different, but American
> men are swine, that's a fact-- how do you think
> America got to be top dog? You know how bloodyminded
> American guys are? That's why sex is so important, if
> men weren't balling they'd be committing more acts of
> violence.
>  I tolerate Dubya, he is a swine but Jimmy Carter
> didn't cut it because he was considered a
> "girly-man"... as governor of our most important state
> would say. Besides, Nietszche had a point: the weak
> are often jealous of the strong.
>
> It's all business-- even religion is business!!
>  The Catholic Church is big business and that's
> alright, if wasn't them it might very well be someone
> worse.

Al:  I believe that all words contribute to setting up causes and can
bring effects back to the speaker or the spoken-of.  I do not intend
men to be dogs, bloody minded or prone to violence.  I would reverse
any such effect rather than tolerate it.  The strong often admire the
virtues of the less strong.  I don't mind business when it's trade
for mutual benefit.  Let's omit political pull from the market beyond
protecting individual (property) rights.  -- Thomas