[extropy-chat] Bully Magnets

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 15:49:56 UTC 2006

On 12/13/06, The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well its not the ACLU's or the gangster's fault that
> police officers would rather bust some kids for
> smoking pot than get into the gun battles to clear out
> the inner-city. Some of the gangs probably even have
> connections inside the police department.

### You surely realize that it *is* the gangster's fault that the
police are unwilling to bust him - obviously, his ferocity, utter
contempt for police officers' lives, marksmanship, and bribes
contribute to make them turn a blind eye to the depredations he
inflicts on his victims.

That's why honest people hate gangsters with a vengeance, because
hate, well-tempered by reason, makes our lives better.

Rafal