[extropy-chat] Time Magazine's Person of the Year

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 22:46:24 UTC 2006

On 12/19/06, Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:

[snip]

Impossible?

> Not at all. A review that I found one year ago comparing 'Wiki Farms' was
> just the tip of the iceberg. The web is CRAWLING with
> collaborations, of all shapes, sizes, colors, complexities! You Tube is
> rockin, but it is still "YOU".  The Wiki Farms give you "WE".

It only gives you "WE" if people want to participate.  The problem facing
the world right now (maybe) is lots of writers/directors and not so many
readers/viewers.  How does one generate interest in dust science?  How does
one generate interest in end points for the evolution of technological
civilizations?   How does one generate interest in charting the best path
from where we are now to where we might like to be?

Most people (99.999+%?) of humanity does not wake up every morning going how
do I chart (or even navigate) the best path to becoming a post/trans-human.

Ah, there's the rub.

Robert