[extropy-chat] Making differences

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Wed Dec 20 18:03:26 UTC 2006

Giu1i0 wrote:
> Of the 30 people who attended the talk, I think only 6 or 7 were
> frequent flyers on this and related lists and I assume we had the
> same number of frequent lurkers. In this case, the lecture
> represented the first organic explanation of life extension ethics
> for about 10 people.

I was there, and I didn't say or do anything that would have identified
me as someone aware of extropianism.  (Actually, you'd have been more
likely to identify me as unfamiliar with the technology, given how much
help I asked for with the audio.)  My name (Increase Hermes) and avatar
(greenish-hued female) wouldn't lead anyone to identify me.

I suspect you're undercounting the people who were already familiar with
our ideas.

Chris
--
It is easy to turn an aquarium into fish soup, but not so
easy to turn fish soup back into an aquarium.

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
Blog:   http://pancrit.org