[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings (was: cold fusion warms up)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Dec 26 22:21:45 UTC 2006

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com> Wrote:

> The reality of psi, on the other hand... yes, I do have a personal
> interest in that,

You know Damien it's funny you should mention that because I'm starting to
get downright nostalgic for the time exactly one year ago. In that distant
age you said:

"Believers in such experiments have, in the long run, significantly positive
results Skeptics in such experiments have, in the  long run, significantly
negative results"

And in a Galaxy far far away one year ago I responded to your comments thus:

Let's put this to a little test just for fun. I have already made a
prediction, I predicted that Science or Nature will not publish an article
reporting pro psi results in the next year, but being a skeptic my
prediction is probably wrong if psi is real.

Let's hear some true believers take the other side, I mean if the phenomena
is real the truth must be buried there in all that data, and even if the
statistics are complicated scientists make their living sorting out stuff
like that, it can't stay hidden forever and one year is a long time. One
year from today we could compare result.

I would also like to hear from the other side about another matter. I have
listed several things that would make me change my mind and admit that I was
wrong and psi was real, but what experimental result would make you conclude
that you were wrong and psi research is just a big waste of time?

 John K Clark