[extropy-chat] Is Many Worlds testable?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 30 18:04:35 UTC 2006

On the other hand, quoting http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qm-everett/ again:

"Everett wanted a formulation of quantum mechanics that could be
applied to any physical system whatsoever, one that described
observers and their measuring devices the same way that it described
every other physical system."

That is, the measurement paradox *started* the enquiry, but Everett
looked for a solution that applied generally to a wholly quantum
world. That, it seems to me, is why decoherence treats relevant
interactions as de facto "measurements". But maybe that's as silly as
saying the sun rises when we mean the earth dips toward it.

Damien Broderick