[extropy-chat] global warming, with ice

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 00:51:48 UTC 2006

On 12/30/06, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the hothouse skeptics will have a view on this report?

I'm not clear on the part you wish to use as "emphasis" here.

Is it "hothouse" or "skeptics"?

As a bi-continental individual (and with one of those continents standing
free and clear -- I have never seen a claim that global warming is going to
sink AU), one must ask if the "concern" I am detecting it might be a bit
displaced.

The "hothouse skeptics" might point out that *good* Canada is warming,
*good* it has a longer growing season, *good* you can move up from TX to
Alberta (to where the raw land costs are much lower because people did not
foresee the shift).

You do of course have to balance it with the land in CA is significantly
outweighed by the land in RU.  (A fact that Eugen I am sure is aware of.)

And then of course there is the factor that "Stockholm beaches"