[extropy-chat] Do you think my school will be successful ?

Morris Johnson mfj.eav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 03:35:24 UTC 2006

On 2/9/06, Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It could be successful if you were to place it on the web, and lower the
> tuition to $30.
> This isn't the '80s or the '90s, the public is tired of hearing Pangloss
> predictions by prognosticators.
>

> Do you think my school will be successful ?
>
> What should I do? What are the next steps ?
>
> Visit my page:
> http://future.wikicities.com/wiki/School_expenditure
>
> I want your suggestions, where should I go to expose my school ?
>
> --Jonathan
>

> New "schools" don't usually happen out of blue sky anymore.
Usually a chair is created at an accredited institution and funded on the
merit
of some key academic and finacial sponsors.

So I would not call what you propose to be a school.

Simply hiring consultants and calling yourself a school does not mean
anyone will accept the Degree or Certificate has any merit.

I've seen lots  the "buy a degree" spams and usually I
regard them as a scam at worst or junk at best.

Even groups of knowledgeable people have job ahead to
translate a body of knowledge into a marketable educational service.

So, yes you can put up a shingle, but you really need to have
a stable of educators already in waiting to set up a little private school.

Not to disappoint you but you are better to get a good academic degree or
several
and find a niche in an already existing education that can use
a class in say  futurology in say an MBA program.

Since the timeline of accelerating change is already underway, futurology
might no longer be necessary anymore.

Kurzweil for example is both an evangelist(sponsor) and
manager/mentor/project leader
in pattern based  predictions, just to name one.

MFJ

--
LIFESPAN PHARMA Inc.
Extropian Agroforestry Ventures  Inc.
megao at sasktel.net,  arla_j at hotmail.com, mfj.eav at gmail.com
extropian.pharmer at gmail.com

Extreme Life-Extension ..."The most dangerous idea on earth"
-Leon Kass , Bioethics Advisor to George Herbert Walker Bush,
June 2005

Radical Life-Extension Bioscience
+   Total Information Awareness Globalized Info-science
=   The 21st Century Paradigm    ........
Re-inventing the Human Condition with  Quantum to
Macro  Biomolecular-engineering
*"I will live each and every  50 years, one at a time, like the days of a
week".... Morris Johnson - June 2005*