[extropy-chat] Operation Clam Bake

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:23:11 UTC 2006

On 2/16/06, Peter K. Bertine, Jr <pkbertine at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Incidentally, if you want some low cost glory, now is the time to get into
> the fight.  It looks very much like the scientology cult is on the ropes
> and won't last out the year.  Tom Cruise probably had more effect than I
> did.
>
> Keith Henson
> (who is--none the less--still hiding out in the Mortmain Mountains)

Cults seldom long outlast the death of their charismatic leader.
If they do they become 'respectable' Pillars of the Establishment.
In recent times the Mormons made it, along with various minor Xian sects.
The longterm survival of the Unification Church and Scientology have yet to
be determined.

Dirk