[extropy-chat] Bad idea, was Transhumanism as Religion

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Feb 19 22:32:16 UTC 2006

Bret,

How does that which will effectively "revalue all values" including
the very nature and place of humanity manage to be compatible with
the majority of religions that contain rigid value systems and
dogmatic assertions about many aspects of reality and especially
about the nature and place of humanity?  This rigidity and dogmatism
is held by the adherents as being of the very essence of their
religions.  Thus I don't see how you can seriously expect this to
work.   Am I missing something?

- samantha