[extropy-chat] META: ExI List Quality & Future

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 20 23:50:03 UTC 2006

From: Olga Bourlin

From: "Henrique Moraes Machado (oplnk)"

> Speaking for myself, I know I'm not as smart as some members of this list
> an I can be hardly classified like "highly intelligent, enormously
> creative, and exceptionally knowledgeable about science and technology to
> fit in"

"Henrique, IMO you may not be as "smart" as some members about some things,
but probably smarter than other members about other things.

"'Intelligence' itself is difficult to define and, therefore, to measure.
know several people who are "exceptionally knowledgeable about science and
technology" - but whom I personally (LOL!) do not consider to be
intelligent
in an interdisciplinary way."

I would prefer not to have the content of my formal address to the list
reduced to anything less than what it was intended to be.  It is not about
who is more intelligent than another, or who is better at not making
typographical errors.

Thank you for your courtesy,

Natasha Vita-More

http://mail2web.com/ .