[extropy-chat] sci-fi review

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 06:18:15 UTC 2006

A couple of our own lads, Charlie Stross and Damien Broderick, have made
Greg Johnson's Best of 2005 list:

http://www.sfsite.com/lists/greg2005.htm

Check it out.  Damien's Godplayers requires more concentration than an AC
Clarke novel (Clarke does all thinking for you), but sci-fi fans won't be
put off by that.  I think of it as the kind of story D'engle would have
written if she hadn't drifted into children's stories after A Wrinkle In
Time won the Newbery.

Comments by the author most welcome here.  This will not be considered
inappropriate commercial content, for Godplayers has a lot of transhumanist
undertones, which is of general interest on ExI-chat.