[extropy-chat] No Hypocrisy in Due Process (was Re: Examining Risks)

Ned Late nedlate2006 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 21:05:45 UTC 2006

Agreed. No real problem.
  It merely appears intriguing why so many libertarians would go to so much trouble printing up books and fliers; going to meeting & conventions; running for offices for such remote causes. Hard to verbalize, but say a guy is opposed to drug legalization and he spends 30 hours a week in anti-drug activity, yet at home he lights up joints and pops speed. The moral issue doesn't bother me much at all, it is why on earth apportion so much to something you are in actuality not quite in genuine synchronization with. I'm a low energy person, so knocking oneself out in pursuit of a goal one is not absolutely Whole-heartedly dedicated to doesn't make any sense-- at all. Now this is being one-dimensional however it does involve motivation; will power; dedication, perhaps even a spiritual devotion, and those are extremely precious; not to be squandered in any way if at all possible. I personally being an older guy would never even think of holding double standards in causes.
  Otherwise a revered cause can turn out to be a fad not a trend.