[extropy-chat] Politics: worthwhile commentary

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:59:57 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here's a problem. We discriminate by physical appearance also. There's a
> report today that more guys are having cosmetic surgery done; previously
> cosmetic surgery was a gal thing. However it may just be that men are
> discovering they can obtain a higher income by looking better.
> Is this off-topic? A nonsequitor? I throw out things to see if others who
> know more will run with them.

That is not necessarily bad, to a limited extent.
There is a correlation between intelligence, genetic fitness, symmetrical
features, height etc.
In my experience smarter people are generally better looking people.
Additionally, in later life we often come to reflect the type of person we
have made ourselves (or allowed ourselves to become).

Dirk