[extropy-chat] Politics: worthwhile commentary

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Jan 2 22:21:46 UTC 2006

On Jan 2, 2006, at 10:02 AM, Al Brooks wrote:

> I apologize, yet it was just a little good natured public chiding,
> like, 'it takes a twit to know one-- at least one of us two twits
> will own up to being one'.

> Just one more point concerning white supremacists or confederates
> or whatever label they are given.

The Confederates were not white supremacists per se and freeing
slaves was not primarily what the conflict was about.  Lincoln did a
lot of extremely nasty and unconstitutional things in this war that
many would consider treasonable.   To only slam one side of this
horrific conflict as you did while also slamming all who disagreed
with you in the same post is precisely why I sent my infamous offline
comment.  If you want to discuss a topic you don't start by attacking
all who disagree with your position.  Thus your original post was
little more than rant and flame bait.  I thought a small slap on the
wrist might wake you up a bit.  That was obviously incorrect.

Sorry for using unskillful means and for taking up list time with this.

- samantha