[extropy-chat] Happy New Year and resolution.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:39:23 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Anne-Marie Taylor wrote:
> I thought that with technology so advanced that there may have been a
> program I haven't heard of yet that is simple and easy to use (My mother
> is quite old and I can't see her googling anything:).  Something like a
> journal but that gives solid results at the end of the day.  Such as
> how much cholesterol, proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins you absorb
> in one day. You punch in what you eat and you get actual results,
> I think it would be a great idea to promote proper health.
> People today really don't know what they are putting in there bodies.

Try <http://www.mypyramid.gov/>
MyPyramid Plan can help you choose the foods and amounts that are
right for you. For a quick estimate of what and how much you need to
eat, enter your age, sex, and activity level in the MyPyramid Plan
box.

You can get your own plan at:
<http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx>

And don't forget you need exercise as well.
If you are a couch potato you need a lot less food. But your body
won't be healthy unless you have fairly vigorous exercise for at least
30 minutes a day.
Don't panic! Fast walking two miles a day is enough. :)

BillK