[extropy-chat] Identity and becoming a Great Old One

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Thu Jan 26 18:45:22 UTC 2006

I am familiar with the 'viral' prospect we are discussing in a manner
through Greg Baer's Eon - I certainly wouldn't mind going through
that 'transporter' problem so long as I was not destroyed at the end.

Then there is - urban legend or not - the idea that your Great Old
One hypothesis happens already, that every cell in our bodies is
replaced often enough that in x years we are not even the same sack
of protoplasm we were at life - x years ago.

The Great Old One path, with the relatively unbroken chain of
consciousness, is my intention.

Not counting the lapse between shutdown and restart spent inert. So
cryonics could be arguably threaded or patterned - I don't think
we'll know until it happens. The bulb is out for a very long time
before the power is restored.