[extropy-chat] Cryonics and uploading

Heartland velvethum at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 13:10:36 UTC 2006

> It boils down, for me, simply to the subjective experience. If the copy
> boots up, would I experience its state subjectively? Sure, everyone else
> would interact with it just as if it were me. But I don't want to preserve
> my objective self, I want to preserve my subjective self.
>

> Brandon

That's my view too.

If I like chocolate (and I do :)) and and my brain has been scanned
destructively in order to make a copy then it's the copy that will
experience the pleasure of eating chocolate, not me. Instead, I will
subjectively experience nothing (death). That's not my idea of imortality.

Slawomir