[extropy-chat] Cryonics and uploading

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Tue Jan 31 17:42:45 UTC 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 11:47 AM, John K Clark wrote:

> "Heartland" <velvethum at hotmail.com>
>
>> You could make an atomically precise copy of me and my clone and I
>> could
>> be doing different things.
>
> Nonsense, if you make them do different things then the atomic
> structure of
> their brain must change.

I call shenanigans - an absolute perfect copy of me, has f!ree will,
just like me, and therefore does whatever the Hell it pleases. We
diverge in subjective experience from the moment the copying process
is complete, given that we are each looking through two separate sets
of eyes, and accruing sense-data from two unique and separate
locations i.e. separate bodies.

Because we do not occupy the same place at the same time, otherwise
there wouldn't be a copy, just a schizophrenic.

Bret K.