[extropy-chat] Psychology of investments in infrastructure

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 5 00:07:50 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Samantha Atkins

> insist immigrants learn the one official language if they wish to be
> successful in this country.
>
> Other issues of our notions of "multiculturalism" are more problematic.
>
> - samantha

I agree wholeheartedly, but there is a problem with that notion.  The
reconquistas have pointed out that it will not take so very many years
before Spanish becomes the predominant language of California, regardless of
immigration policy.  The native Spanish speakers would theoretically have
the voting power to make that the official language of the state, at which
time Taxamento would be insisting that you and I learn Spanish in order to
be successful in this country.

Libyan president Muammar Gaddafi points out that no one need wage jihad in
Europe, for simple linear extrapolation based on birthrates show that
European nations will have Muslim majorities in the foreseeable future,
regardless of immigration policy.

Those who follow US politics could scarcely fail to notice that
conservatives are breeding way faster than liberals.

The maternity ward is reshaping our world faster than any other factor it
would seem.