[extropy-chat] Psychology of investments in infrastructure

Lee Corbin lcorbin at tsoft.com
Fri Jul 7 04:12:15 UTC 2006

Spike writes

> Those who follow US politics could scarcely fail to notice that
> conservatives are breeding way faster than liberals.
>
> The maternity ward is reshaping our world faster than any other
> factor it would seem.

One of the best reasons religion is an ESS finally emerges: it's
one way that sub-rational populations can remain competitive.
And people continue to be baffled why religion just seems to
never go away.

(Too bad that when you mention to the most enlightened of
Westerners that perhaps eugenics and large families might
be a good idea, they start thinking that you must be some
kind of Nazi. Remember how popular ZPG was back in the '70s?
Well, those groups that succumb to such memes aren't around
very long, really.)

"So it goes", wrote Kurt Vonnegut. Evolution has the final say.

Lee