[extropy-chat] Music for little transhumans

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed Jul 5 16:41:26 UTC 2006

spike:
>Consider the English words to your
>Latvian melody:

>Campfire glows in the dark
>Sparks rise into the air
>The night is dark, no one's around
>Here is our parting...

>This reminds me of Mt. Rainier, after which Isaac Rainier was named.  His
>mother and I have hiked and camped on Rainier's Wonderland Trail many times.

That ditty also helped me climb some of my hardest bicycle climbs
in California and Germany (singing to myself).

My Heidelberg colleague had a very cool backpack he used for his
baby when he went on day hikes with us. He bought it in the US,
but I don't remember the brand name. Please consider taking Isaac
Rainier on the trails one of your next times. Fresh air and good
for the family.

Also, you might try bicycle touring together in the not too-distant
future too:

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/publishers/menasha/bik_kids.htm
http://www.bicycletouring101.com/GagnonFamily.htm
http://www.cycletote.com/
http://www.ibike.org/education/infant.htm

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/