[extropy-chat] My Dilemma

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 07:15:11 UTC 2006

On 7/7/06, jeffrey davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or perhaps the he combination of vastly enhanced safety, the reduced
> social costs associated with vastly reduced rates of injury, and the
> immediate commercial incentive to the consumer in the form of slashed
> insurance premiums make it a slam dunk inevitability .

Or perhaps the fact that the cited "it" involves targeting the innocent
rather than the guilty means there will be no significant improvement in
safety, since the targets are people who are already obeying the law; and
perhaps if you decide to allow the government to arbitrarily initiate the
use of armed force against those who are doing no harm, the ultimate
consequences will make the current road death rate look like a toddler's
scraped knee.

Oh, seems like the second part's been proven ad nauseam already. Do we need
to prove it yet again?

(And yes this is off-topic and inflammatory debate on contemporary politics,
and yes I will now let the other side get the last word and refrain from
further comment on the matter.)