[extropy-chat] Popper and QT.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Jul 13 17:27:28 UTC 2006

gts wrote:

> Popper argues for a philosophy of objective probability to make
> sense of  quantum weirdness

Before he deals in anything as grand as Quantum mechanics Popper should
explain something much more mundane, like the Monty Hall problem, if
probability is an objective quality something has.

> I wonder if his views on this subject were not given the credit they might
> have deserved simply because he was a philosopher of science rather
> than a physicist.

Unlike a moral philosopher there is a simple way far a a scientific
philosopher to prove he is right, he could just use his theory about how
science works to discover some new scientific fact. To my knowledge Popper
never did that. Some great scientists have thought about philosophic
questions but never in their scientifically most productive years.

  John K Clark