[extropy-chat] transhumanist nut jobs

Alejandro Dubrovsky alito at organicrobot.com
Sat Jul 15 02:47:19 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 21:41 -0400, Joseph Bloch wrote:
> I get the impression that "Transhumanist nut-jobs" is meant as a whole
> category in and of itself. Not that there are non-nut-job
> Transhumanists, but that all Transhumanists are nut-jobs. Kinda like
> when Rush Limbaugh refers to "environmentalist whackos".

Agreed, but I thought it was meant as a compliment.  The piece didn't
need to mention transhumanism at all if it was trying to insult when
talking about a subject the writer obviously feels is a positive change
and that it is likely to become reality.   It's like saying "those crazy
bastards they seem to have been right on this one" and triggering the
"what else could they be right about?".  Email feedback should ask for
more of the same.