[extropy-chat] A wireless hail

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 19:39:21 UTC 2006

My wife and I have moved back into our San Francisco house, briefly,
to prep it for sale.  I opened my new laptop and voila! I find several
unsecured home wireless networks in range.  I am in fact now online
courtesy of one of those networks.

My question: is there a way to extract the information needed to
contact the network's owner?  I could walk around the neighborhood
with my laptop, seeking an increase in the signal strength, and home
in that way, then knock on the door, but I'm really talking more about
finding and contacting them electronically.

What's the scoop?

--
Best, Jeff Davis

               "Everything's hard till you