[extropy-chat] Psychogenic Fields (was Role of MWI and Time Travel)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Jun 3 18:30:39 UTC 2006

<avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>:
>Well my original intent was simply to mathematically
>abstract it as a tensor field which are routinely used
>to model things which are not true "force fields" like
>fluid vortexes and what not.

I didn't read all of this thread, but the above paragraph made
my head hurt. The way you are using these physics terms does not
make sense.

Charges make an electric field (Ex, Ey, Ez); field lines originate on
positive charges and terminate on negative charges.

Moving charges create electric currents.

Currents generate magnetic fields: (Bx,By,Bz)

The electric field is a special vector function whose curl is always
zero.

A field tensor has 4x4=16 components.  To describe the
electrodynamic (magnetic+electric) field is:

F01 - Ex/c
F02 = Ey/c
F03 = Ez/c

F12 = Bz
F31 = By
F23 = Bx

Written as an array, the field tensor is:

   0     Ex/c    Ey/c    Ez/c

  Ey/c    0       Bz      -By

-Ey/c   -Bz     0        Bx

-Ez/c   By     -Bx       0

If you are going to use physics terms, please use them as they
are conventionally defined, or else give them a new name and
define them. Otherwise no communication will be possible.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI), Roma, ITALIA